color with tcsh

I spent about 2-3 hours trying to figure out how to get color into
my xterm running tcsh.

I was previously using bash and had no problem with colors. I
remember there used to be a file called DIR_COLORS in the /etc, in
my previous SUSE installation, and it was pretty easy to manipulate
colors from there.

Now I found all these .profile, .login, .cshrc, /etc/common.profile
and /etc/common.login in my mainfram unix account, and wanted to test
them in my linux box. But I am not getting the colors to work in tcsh.

Any suggestions to make tcsh work, or HOW TO change colors in bash would
greatly be appreciated, thanks..

Fethi Okyar
Reserach Assistant
IIT