Re: Printing:connection to 'localhost' failed - Connection refused

* Johann Spies <jhspies@futurenet.co.za>:
> connection to 'localhost' failed - Connection refused
> job 'cfA576Johann' transfer to lp@localhost failed

I had the same problem, I used the lprng package. This package I understand
has more features for use in networks, however if you only use one local
printer you're better off with the lpr package witch is easier to setup.
I tried for a couple of weeks to get lprng to work and then gave up.
As soon as I had installed lpr instead my printer began working.

--
Ulrik Haugen <qha@lysator.liu.se>
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you