Re: Can apt-get work via a proxy?

> On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Mark Phillips wrote:
>
> > I can gain http access via a proxy.  Is it possible to setup apt-get
> > to download stuff via this proxy?
>
> export http_proxy="http://myproxy:port/";
> apt-get foo..

You sent me this reply a while ago.  Up till now I haven't had to use
it, but today I needed to, but had this problem with it:

Err http://www.au.debian.org stable/main stow 1.3.2-11
  407 Proxy authorization required
Failed to fetch http://www.au.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/a
dmin/stow_1.3.2-11.deb
  407 Proxy authorization required
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe try with --fix-missing?

The problem is due to the fact that my http proxy sometimes asks for
authorization.  Under netscape it pops up a dialog box asking for my
name and a password.  I am presuming this capability hasn't been built
into apt.  Any chance that it will be soon?

Thanks,

Mark.