xconsole placement

I have been working on this one for awhile and can't come up with an
answer.  Xconsole is iconified when I start X and when I deiconify it,
it opens off screen.  What I want is xconsole to be open and in view at
the bottom of my screen when my X session starts.  Xconsole seems to be
coming from xdm as it isn't present when I used the command startx.
There is a line for xconsole geometry in /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0

 fi
  rm -f /var/run/xconsole_0.pid
  # start fresh xconsole and store its PID
  xconsole -geometry 480x130-0-0 -notify -verbose -fn fixed \
    -exitOnFail -file /dev/xconsole &
  echo $! > /var/run/xconsole_0.pid
fi

I tried changing the geometry numbers but that just made xconsole load
in the xdm loggin page and when I logged in to X xconsole was
iconified.  I don't understand the programming strings of the file so
maybe what I did was wrong.

I tried putting this line,

+ "I" exec xconsole -geometry =480x130+153+400 -exitOnFail -daemon
-notify -file /dev/xconsole

in my ~/.fvwm2/init.hook file.  The xconsole icon briefly appeared and
then no xconsole at all.

If I try opening xconsole from the root menu of fvwm2 xconsole says
"Couldn't open console."  I've looked at the fvwm2 user's archives,
debian user's archives and various man pages.  I could use some help.
Thanks,
Kent