Re: ppp0

Hi John,

Thanks for your help, really.

I actually did run pppconfig and answered the questions, but still not
working. I suspect maybe there is something to do with my modem port. My
modem is on COM4 and IRQ is 10. As defuelt, the IRQ asigned for COM4 may
be different. I did 'setserial -b /dev/ttyS3 IRQ 10' to change COM4 to IRQ
10 manually after system comes up, but still did not help. Don't know if
something wrong in the installation point.

And, actually I have FreeBSD in the some box and when I set the PPP for
FBSD, I had to recompile the kernel with the new IRQ value. And then it
worked.

I choose Debian to try because I like some of its features, i.g. the
package management etc. But I have to say, at least to my limited
experience, the installation is a little harder than FreeBSD.

Any furthere help? Thanks alot, John.

Chen