Re: Mount for normal user

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 02:25:41PM +0200, Sami Dalouche wrote:
[some stuff]

> However, How to remove user from groups (without VI) and is there a way to
> have all root permission without being root (UID 0) because some programs
> don't want to run as root ?

You should look into the sudo command.  That allows you to give root
access to certain people, or to only give access to certain commands.
I use it as a smokescreen to keep myself from doing something dumb:
if I can't run something without sudo, I take a good hard look at what
my system is trying to keep me from screwing up.

Rob

--
The door is the key.