Re: No LILO Boot after Re-Install Windoze95

Jeff Hill wrote:

> After re-installing Windows95 on a dual-boot set-up, the machine
> now boots directly to Windows. I tried booting to Debian from
> floppy and then re-installing lilo, but that didn't help --
> machine still goes directly to Windows. I think I need to mess
> with the MBR, but not certain how to proceed.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Hill

I had the same problem.
I partitioned my HD in this way
    /dev/hda1  - windows 95
    /dev/hda2  - linux swap
    /dev/hda3  - linux
and set /dev/hda3 as boot partition.

When I reinstalled windows 95, /dev/hda1 has been set as boot partition.

To fix the problem I:
    - rebooted Debiam form floppy
    - used fdisk (or cfdisk, I don't remember) to remade my linux partition bootable
again
    - reboot
--
Paolo Comi

Italtel S.p.A.
Research and Development Laboratories
20019 Castelletto di Settimo Milanese (MI)
Italy
tel: +39 02 4388 7963
fax: +39 02 4388 8472
mailto:Paolo.Comi@italtel.it