Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Brian Servis wrote:

> >> not configurable and were only designed to be run an a Red Hat system.
> > Hmm... did you read the Debian Policy manual?
> >

> I'm confused, what does the policy manual have to do with compatibility
> between Red Hat and Debian init structure and converting an .rpm to a
> .deb or .tgz?  Besides the policy manual is not up to date on the
> /etc/rcS.d and /etc/rc.boot issue.
Read the section 2.1.1 of the manual and relate that to the Applixware
package... It has nothing to do with the package compatibility, but puts it
in plain vanilla that Applixware shall not be a part of Debian, so what George
said can't be an argument in this discussion. Maybe I'm wrong...

marek