Re: Rewrite headers using exim/sendmail?

*- On 28 Mar, Christian Dysthe wrote about "Rewrite headers using exim/sendmail?"
> Hi,
>
> is it a (simple) way to get headers rewritten using exim or sendmail (would
> prefer exim since I have it working now) to what an email client puts in the
> "From' field?
>
> Lets say I send mail with: "From username@myisp.net" and my local account is
> "localaccount@machinename". What is the "correct" way to set up the mailer (ex
> im) in this situation?
>
> I even send from two different acounts from my user account on my Linux box, so
> the best thing would be if the mailer looked at the "From" set by my email
> client.
>
> I have looked at he exim documentation, but I am still confused.
>
> I am also pretty new to this, so bear with me.

Look in the Exim Spec document for the 'Address Rewriting' section.

http://www.us.exim.org/exim-html-2.10/doc/html/spec.html

or /usr/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz

This is my simple little setup for my home machine(brian.servis.snet -
bogus machine name I made up) that I dial out with ppp.

^(?i)(root|postmaster|mailer-daemon)@brian.servis.snet ${1}@in.limbo Ffr
*@brian.servis.snet $1@purdue.edu Ffsr
*@brian $1@purdue.edu Ffsr
*@in.limbo servis@brian.servis.snet Ffr