Re: XWindows and Debian

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Jayson Baird wrote:

> Anyone ever had trouble with a Riva128 card running the SVGA Xserver?

No problems here.  I've had to do lots of tweaking for the monitor, but
the card itself (a Diamond Viper V330) has never given me any trouble at
all.

> I try to start the server using startx and it seems to start and then it
> unloads say it's waiting for  server to shut down. I'm using
> enlightenment as a window manager. and have xdm installed..any ideas?

X is usually pretty good about saying what's bugging it.  What's the exact
output as it tries to parse the XF86Config file (use 'script' if you need)
and does it ever get to your xsession commands?  Liberal use of 'echo' in
your script will let you if that's failing...