Spliting messages between different mail-boxes?

Hi,

For the last few weeks I've been following the list and have messages from
the list going to a seperate pop-mail box at my ISP. At the moment I'm
reading the list from Outlook Express and have a filter that puts all
messages from this mail-box into a seperate mail folder in Outlook.

I would like to be able to do all my email from the debian box (am i
supposed to say Linux, Debian/GNU Llinux, or GNU Linux) anyway. I have smail
working to send messages to the local users on the debian box and when I am
online I use 'runq' to send any outgoing messages tomy ISP's mail server.
I'm using elm to read/write messages and I'm using 'fetchmail' to download
messages from the pop server and put them into my mail box. What I would
like is a way to have fetchmail pick-up the list messages but instead of
having them end-up with my other messages put them somewhere else. I
understand that elm can be told to read from any location. I don'y want to
have to create a seperate user name for reading the list (but I could do as
a last resort). I have read the docs for the 3 programs but can't see a good
way to do this. Maybe forwarding messages into a different location? Any
information would be greatly appreciated, on how other people have solved
this problem or on what other sources of information are avialable. Thanks
alot.

Andy Holmes

andyholmes@proxima.force9.co.uk

"The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic
herd!", Edmund Blackadder