jdk broken in slink

Hi everyone,

I had JDK working fine in Hamm, but when I upgraded to Slink, it broke.
For starters, it looks in /usr/lib/jdk1.1/i586 for javac, but that
directory is empy. I'm using a Pentium MMX. I eventually got it working
by removing the i586 directory and making it a symlink to i686. Then, I
had to add the i686 directory into /etc/ld.so.conf so that javac could
find libjava.so. Right now javac is working and so is appletrunner. Will I
run into any problems with this setup? And why didn't it work out of the
box? I had this happen on a dual P90 (not even MMX) system as well. Why is
it only installing i686 binaries?

Ed

---
Edward Di Geronimo Jr.          edwdig@bergen.org
"Video games aren't like sex Lars"   -me
"yeah lars can get video games"      -Lars Holzman