Re: The GNU thing

Jonathan Guthrie <jguthrie@brokersys.com> writes:
[snip]
| Okay, so emacs is a religion, I can deal with that.  I use emacs the
| editor quite a bit.  However, I can't get xemacs-20 to suspend with
| CNTRL-Z on my computer so I either have to use multiple virtual terminals
| or do everything under X.
|
| Do you know what the problem is?

When you're running it in a terminal window you can't get it to
suspend when you hit Ctrl+Z? Is your suspend character set to Ctrl+Z?
At the Unix prompt do a "stty -a". What's it say for "susp = ". It
should, for example, be "susp = ^Z" and you can set it by doing

% stty susp ^V^Z

The ^V is the bash shells literal quote key. It just says to treat the
next key you hit literally and not to interpret it. Of course this is
also a terminal setting, it shows as the "lnext" character when you do
the "stty -a".

Gary