Re: sound

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Eric Ravelomanantsoa wrote:

> > > In tere anyway to compile your kernel without have to use modules to
> > > enable sound

> > If you have a non-pnp card, yes. For example, I've played with the same
> > card as Doug for a while, and just gave up after a while. Found a
> > different sound card, SB16. It wasnt pnp, and after a quick kernel
> > recompilation it works fine. I compiled the driver into kernel.

> How did you do that, since make [menu/x]config of 2.2.x never suggest
> the Sounblaster stuff.

Oh?  Then how did I do it, then?

I'm glad you asked, so I'll tell you.  (I never use make xconfig, so
this assumes you're using menuconfig or that they aren't different.)  Go
into Sound and select Sound Card Support.  Select OSS Sound Modules.  You
should be given the option of choosing "100% Sound Blaster Compatables"
and, if you tell it to build it in to the kernel, it will give you the
option to set the parameters for the card.

Chunk O' Cheese, eh?
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/