Re: rc.d files

*- On 22 Mar, Piotr Legiecki wrote about "rc.d files"
> Hi
> I'm a former RedHat user and wonder how could I
> manage links in rc.d directories? In RedHat there is
> chkconfig and ntsysv programs which allows me in easy
> way to customize what programs  (daemons) to run
> during boot time. Are there any simmiliar tools for
> Debian?
>
> Piotr Legiecki

% man update-rc.d

NAME
       update-rc.d  -  install  and  remove  System-V  style init
       script links

SYNOPSIS
       update-rc.d [-n] [-f] name remove

       update-rc.d [-n] [-f] name defaults  [NN  |  NN-start  NN-
              stop]

       update-rc.d [-n] [-f] name start|stop NN runlevel runlevel
              ...  .  start|stop NN runlevel runlevel ...  .  ...

DESCRIPTION
       update-rc.d  automatically updates the System V style init
       script   links   /etc/rcrunlevel.d/NNname    to    scripts
       /etc/init.d/name.   These  are  run  by init when changing
       runlevels and are generally used to start and stop  system
       services  such  as  daemons.   runlevel is one of the run­
       levels supported by init, 0123456789S, and NN is the  two-
       digit  sequence code used by init to decide which order to
       run the scripts in.

--
Brian
							   - unknown