Slink Questions apt and /dev.

I just completely upgraded to slink. I decided to use the apt method of
installation from dselect since ftp is no longer there. It seemd to work
well. Chose the packages and download while I slept, answered some config
questions before work this morning. My question is with the old ftp it aked
where to save your debs. Where does apt store the debs?

Question 2. Anyone using an old goldstar based cdrom. I seem that the slink
gscd module is hosed. I get a error message that I can't recall - something
about ill formated script, but it says the module installed correctly. But
mount it gives me the invalid block device. MAKEDEV says it doesn't know how
to make gscd.  Has anyone come across this in slink.

Roderick P. Person
?
454-2616
personrp@ccbh.com