Re: downgrading libc

On Sat, Mar 20, 1999 at 06:04:17PM +0100, Ben Jorgensen wrote:
> What packages do I need to get and where do I get them to downgrade libc?
> I need java, straoffice and other things to work..
>
> //ben
> --
> http://surf.to/anTiX
>

> --

I was in the same boat with you and so this is what I did:
1. Get the following packages from a slink mirror or CD:
bash
ncurses-base
ncurses-bin
sysvinit
ldso
libc6-dev
libpam0g
libpam0g-util
libncurses4
g++
cpp
gcc
libreadlineg2
libc6
libstdc++2.9-dev
locales
2. Install them all at once with a dpkg command, i.e. "dpkg -i *,deb"
3. Run "dpkg --configure --pending"
4. Run "apt-get check" to see how your dependencies are doing. I might have
   missed a package, but not a critical one.

Some things that might happen:
1. XDM might not let you login. Restart it with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and it should
work.
2. Bash might go crazy and not let you see what you are typing. Just start
another XTerm and it will be fine.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com