new mainboard - 128M RAM now usable

This is a warning.

I had severe problems when running linux (kernel 2.2.3) with more than
64 MB RAM. Both 64 MB SDRAM DIMM's caused the system to hang when a shutdown
was started (subsequently damaging the file system) and caused many messages
like

  p -> mh_magig4 == 0x55555555
  Stopping myself ...

I was also impossible to install Linux with both DIMM modules installed.
I spend a lot of time to install Debian and Suse before discovering that I
have to remove one DIMM.

After exchanging my motherboard with a ASUS PsB 100 BX ATX the problems
disappeared.

I used a so called Tomato motherboard with a Intel BX chip, ATX, BIOS 1.02.

I will nevermore buy cheap and unknown motherboards.

Werner