Re: Funny netscape problem (How to debug and solve)

Daniel Mashao wrote:

> I have a funny nestcape problem on my home machine. i installed netscape
> as root and have two accounts (one me and the other my wife's). As me
> (daniel) I can run netscape without problem, but I cannot run netscape as
> root nor can my wife run it as all.

The Netscape program has an configuration file that has root access by default to No
you can reverse this but as Andrei said in his reply this is a breach of security. Why
netscape has a problem and the rest of the options don't I don't know. Just what the
problem is would also be of interest

> I have tried to remove all reference of netscape from my wife's account
> but it still does not work. Same for root.

One may have to set a switch in the Netscape config file to allow all users to have
rights to the program.

Shanta