Funny netscape problem (How to debug and solve)

I have a funny nestcape problem on my home machine. i installed netscape
as root and have two accounts (one me and the other my wife's). As me
(daniel) I can run netscape without problem, but I cannot run netscape as
root nor can my wife run it as all. It dies with bus error.
1. How can i debug the problem without access to the source files?
2. How can I solve the problem?

I have tried to remove all reference of netscape from my wife's account
but it still does not work. Same for root.

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469