Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:05:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Speed <speed@rumblefish.net>
To: akehurst@wcug.wwu.edu
Subject: ok one more thing

I tried reinstalling Debian last night to fix a persistent problem, but it
made no difference.

What's happening, is when I shutdown.  I type:

shutdown -h now
or
shutdown -r now

99% of the time, it goes through all the shutdown sequence, but when it
gets through with that and tries to umount the root directory, it says
something like "umount: / is busy"

Of course this means that I shut down with a mounted file system and have
to fsck the next time I boot.  It is Really Freakin Annoying (tm).

- Speed

P.S.  The very first time I installed Debian on this machine last year, it
didn't do that.