SAMBA help.

I need to know if I need to rename my network 'WORKGROUP' to be able to
share drives and printers with windows.

I've currently named my network 'natepuri.com.'  It's not a registered
name, yet.  I'll register it when I get the money.

Does samba require WORKGROUP?  Or is that just a variable for whatever I
want to call my network.

Presently all tcp/ip connections over my LAN are very function.  IP MASQ
is functional as well.  However, I have the client section in the network
window in the control panel set to 'Log on the Windows NT domain.'
Previously I had the 'Windows NT domain:' set to 'natepuri.com,' that
didn't work so I set it to 'WORKGROUP' and that didn't work.

I had 'Access Control' set to 'User-level access control' and first had
the list of users set to 'natepuri.com' then to 'WORKGROUP.'  Neither
worked.

I'm using 'client for microsoft networks.'  Samba is running in daemon
mode.

When I boot windows, it says 'cannot log on to Windows NT domain, some
network services will be unavailable.' (or something like that).

What am I doing wrong?  I've read the SMB HOWTO among others.  The issues
above still confuse me...  Thanks...

NatePuri
Certified Law Student
& Debian GNU/Linux Monk