Re: error - SIOCADDRT

"Asokan  P" <pasokan@chennaionline.com> writes:

> My machine has suddenly started displaying this message
> SIOCADDRT - invalid argument.
> The network card is dtected and while booting up it shows up correctly
> I traced it to the two route commands in /etc/inet.d/network
> They are correct - as per the man, ifconfig looks alright
> ping 192.168.3.208 ( the machine's ip ) works, as does
> ping anything else on the network - the local net is 192.168.3.x
> I am running 2.2.2 kernel on hamm

Just upgraded your kernel to 2.2.x?
Well, there is no need to set an interface route to an network
interface by hand as this is done by the kernel now.
Simply remove the "route add -net ..." for loopback and other
interfaces from /etc/inet.d/network
This is also mentioned in Documentation/Changes, so read this
documentent too. If you already read it, read it again ;)

Ralf
--
No sig -- no fun