Re: error - SIOCADDRT

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Asokan  P wrote:

> My machine has suddenly started displaying this message
> SIOCADDRT - invalid argument.
  You would have noticed this message after putting the kernel 2.2.X.In
these kernels the route add command is not needed.So remove this line from
/etc/networks or something ( i do not remember the file.The file contains
two entries,one with ifconfig and another route add.Just comment the
second line).That's all.Reboot.
  I am not an expert in this and infact I read about this from an old
debian user list.

Ramakrishnan M
#211 ,Cauvery hostel,
Indian Institute of Technology,Madras,
Chennai-600 036, INDIA

" Software is like sex;It's better when it's free "
                                                   -Linus Torvalds