Stumped!! Cdrom not a valid block dev.

My cdrom has worked fine for months - after i figure out it was a
goldstar. Now Debian claims it is not a valid block device.

On boot, I get the cdrom detected, happy goldstar message. which is good.
I try to mount it and I get not a valid block dev. I tried to MAKEDEV and
it seem to compile but still not lucky. I even tried mount cdrom, but of
course in /etc/fstab it is /dev/gscd. Any help on this one?

Roddie Rod

'Man is the greatest cancer ever to be seen'
    -Entombed 'Contempt'