Re: iso9660 module in kernel 2.0.34

"G. Crimp" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Anybody know what an unresolved symbol is ?  I've just compiled a

This is a function call or variable that the modules wishes to use but
cannot find.

> kernel making iso9660 support a module.  I've done this in bo with no
> problems.  In hamm, however, when I try to mount a cd, I get an error saying
> that the kernel does not support iso9660 filesystems.  kerneld is running.
> If I do insmod isofs I get the following errors:

> # insmod -p isofs
> /lib/modules/2.0.34/fs/isofs.o: unresolved symbol load_nls_default_R86e263f4
> /lib/modules/2.0.34/fs/isofs.o: unresolved symbol unload_nls_R3f17924a
> /lib/modules/2.0.34/fs/isofs.o: unresolved symbol load_nls_Rbc00b63b
> /lib/modules/2.0.34/fs/isofs.o: unresolved symbol utf8_wctomb_Rf531b5d3

Try using modprobe instead of insmod. It will load other necessary
modules for the requested module to run.

modprobe isofs

For modprobe to work, you need to build the dependancy list first. This
happens every time the machine boots, but you can also do this by typing

depmod -a

Hope this helps
--
Paul Miller