Re: OT: System stable at 95MHz, unstable at 100MHz

First of all, you may find that chasing this just isn't worth your time.
The difference between 95Mhz & 100Mhz bus just isn't that great.  You might
also try overclocking to 95x4.5=427Mhz.

General stuff:

Whenever I run into a problem like this the first place I go is to Dejanews.
The group comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips is an excellent resource.  Also
there is a news group for Asus, alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus.  Anad's
hardware guide (I don't have the link but Yahoo probably does) had a good
article on SDRAM a while back which you'll want to look at if you end up
buying more/different ram.  You might also check out the Asus web site.
They have had several BIOS upgrades over past 6 months so you might want to
see if the latest BIOS fixes your problem.

Specifics:

This is usually either a ram or cache issue.  I know you said that you tried
replacing the ram but if you got it from the same vendor and he/she got it
from the same source......  I'm not talking about "defective" ram but rather
ram being sold as PC100 when it really isn't.  Likewise the cache might not
be quite up to snuff.  It's possible that Asus made a batch of MBs that
included borderline cache.  If you disable the L2 cache in BIOS you should
be able to eliminate that one right off.  If the cache is OK then you want
to check again the BIOS ram timings.  Specifically, you want to be sure the
ram is set to "CAS 3" instead of "CAS 2" and try disabling SPD.  If there is
a "66 Mhz SDRAM" setting try that.

If you end up buying another DIMM feel free to e-mail me and I can send you
some info. or at least some links that I don't have handy at the moment.

In any case, I hope this helps.