Re: remote printing permissions [solved]

To solve my problem of remote printing, it was very simple (once
I found out what I was doing).

Edit the /etc/lpd.perms so that it allows remote print job
requests:

Find these following lines in the file:

# reject remote prints from arbitrary hosts
REJECT SERVICE=XRPQ NOT SERVER

Replace them with the following lines:

# accept remote prints from arbitrary hosts
ACCEPT SERVICE=XRPQ NOT SERVER

Most importantly of all you need to re-run the printer spooler.
If you have lprng installed (instead of lpr) then you have to do
the following:

/etc/init.d/lprng restart

You may also have to do:

/etc/init.d/lpd restart

and then everything should be working...

It is not needed to edit /etc/hosts.lpd or /etc/hosts.equiv

Hope this helps you all out.
John.