Re: which package provides ldd

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 12:01:39AM +0100, Laurent PICOULEAU wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar, 1999 à 10:46:59PM -0500, dyer wrote:
> > Matt Garman wrote:
> >
> > > Which package has the ldd program in it?  I could swear this utility
> > > used to be on my computer, now it's not (I had that dselect removal
> > > disaster mentioned in an earlier post).
> > >

> > base/ldso
>
> And what about slink ???
> >
> turing:/home/lcrpic# dpkg -l ldso
> Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
> | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name            Version        Description
> +++-===============-==============-============================================
> ii  ldso            1.9.10-1       The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit
> turing:/home/lcrpic# dpkg -L ldso
> /.
> /sbin
> /sbin/ldconfig.new
> /usr
> /usr/bin
> /usr/lib
> /usr/lib/lddstub
[snip rest of listing]

> There's still a man page for ldd but no more ldd :-?

Try to install this package again. I've had the same problem but it did went
away when I reinstalled the package.

root:~ # dpkg -l ldso
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  ldso            1.9.10-1       The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit
root:~ # dpkg -l ldso
/.
/sbin
/sbin/ldconfig.new
/usr
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/ldd
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/lddstub
/usr/man
/usr/man/man8
/usr/man/man8/ld.so.8.gz
/usr/man/man8/ldconfig.8.gz
/usr/man/man1
/usr/man/man1/ldd.1.gz
/usr/doc
/usr/doc/ldso
/usr/doc/ldso/copyright
/usr/doc/ldso/README.gz
/usr/doc/ldso/changelog.gz
/lib
/lib/ld.so.1.9.10
/lib/ld-linux.so.1.9.10
/lib/ld-linux.so.1
/lib/libdl.so.1.9.10
/lib/libdl.so.1

What's going on guys?
--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.