nfs private/non-private ips permission denied problem

Hi!

I have the following setup:

box1: eth0: 194.47.xxx.xx2
      eth1: 192.168.0.1

box2: eth0: 194.47.xxx.xx3
      eth1: 192.168.0.2

box1 and box is connected via the eth1 interfaces. box1 acts as nfs-server
and box2 should be the client. The private lan works.

NFS sofware installed is the knfs-package .dev in project/experimental.
box1's kernel loads the nfsd as a module (2.2.3). box2 has NFS filesystem
support compiled into the kernel (2.2.2ac7).

My mission is to mount a partition via the private-ip-'lan'.

This is what happens;

untrusted:~# mount -t nfs 192.168.0.1:/home /mnt/test
mount: 192.168.0.1:/home/ failed, reason given by server: Permission
denied

If i mount the partition via the non-private ips it works fine.

hosts.allow/deny is empty, ipchains is set to ACCEPT everything on both
machines. /etc/exports (on box1) looks like:

/home 192.168.0.2(rw)
/home 194.47.XXX.XX3(rw)

The problem occurs both if i use the kernel based nfs with it's tools or
the ordinary nfs-package. It appears to me as if mountd gets confused
about having one non-private ip and one private ip on the server-machine
(debugging mountd suggests that).

//Martin

---------

Martin Anderberg - email: hundra@df.lth.se
"Time exists so that not everything happens at once." - Unknown