Re: mutt-Netscape and nmh

Hi,

> but it doesn't seem that nmh and netscape/mutt folders are compatible.  Is
> this a correct assumption?

mh handles deals with mail a bit differently that either mutt or netscape. An
mh folder is a directory containg a numbered file for each message, both mutt
and netscape just use one big file with all the messages concatenated together.

to convert fomr a a mh style folder to one readable by netscape you must use
the pack(1) command, and to convert from a mutt folder to an mh one you must
use inc(1):

18:57 sionnach:~/Mail> inc +newfolder -file mailfolder
Create folder "/home/albertw/Mail/newfolder"? y
Incorporating new mail into newfolder...

   1+ 07/09 Postmaster         Message from mail server<<Delete. This is a
system message. --END+PSEUDO-- >>
   2  07/09 Jim Quigley        Re: BACK DOOR IN KITCHEN<<This raises all sorts
of logistical problems. Partic
18:57 sionnach:~/Mail> scan +newfolder
   1+ 07/09 Postmaster         Message from mail server<<Delete. This is a
system message. --END+PSEUDO-- >>
   2  07/09 Jim Quigley - Sun  Re: BACK DOOR IN KITCHEN<<This raises all sorts
of logistical problems. Partic
18:57 sionnach:~/Mail> ls ~/Mail/newfolder/
1  2

If I understand your problem corrrectly, you will have to `burst` the digest,
then use packf to make it readble by netscape. You could allways try using
exmh for all your mail which is a nice graphical interface to mh basically,
never tried it on debian, but I use it all the time in work.

hope thats of help,
Al