Re: Please HELP ME AGAIN!!!

Ok, concerning 'make menuconfig'
It's a command to start configuration for your own kernel. For that you
have to have the kernel source package installed, it should be in
/usr/src/kernel-*****/
Go there, and do either
'make xconfig' or 'make menuconfig' I like the first one, because it's
a GUI so I can jump between options in no particular order.
What you need to knowfor your own kernel config. is what you want your
computer to have. Basic kernel , which you arerunning now, comes with a
bunch of options which you may not need, and is missing some others.
So, know what you want first. Then, for example, to the sound card:
You have to have parameters of the card( IO, IRQ, DMAs). You can get those
in Windows. If your card is PnP, then you need to modify the kernel
compilation slightly.
Anyway, if you got any questions about this, email me.
Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 c680789@showme.missouri.edu
 UIN 12402354