Re: Using Procmail - mail won't deliver to Default

	Subject: Using Procmail - mail won't deliver to Default
	Date: Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 06:14:13AM -0600

Quoting Lance Hoffmeyer(lanceh@ibm.net):
> in .procmailrc
> SHELL = /bin/sh
> LOGFILE =$HOME/_logfile
> VERBOSE = yes
> PATH =
> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/bin/mh
> #ORGMAIL=/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME
> but mail does not go to Inbox.  I have also tried
> DEFAULT /$HOME/Mail/Inbox
> and
> I am getting the _logfile so what have I got wrong in the syntax to
> prevent me from getting mail in /$HOME/Mail/Inbox.  There is an Inbox in
> /Mail.
> Lance

The answer to the above can be found in man procmailrc.  Reading the
man pages answers 50%i, or more,  of questions people post to mailing
lists and newsgroups.  In says past asking questions like the above
would have received the response   RTFM.

Times are changing, some.

The Softwære said "Windows 95 or better", so I dumped Win95 & loaded LINUX.
I have not looked back since.
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@ix.netcom.com>