rouge package

hi all,

first time I've posted here, so please help me out:

I had an old .deb module from bo, nfsroot. I didn't know why it was
dropped so went back and found it and installed it again (I wanted
probenet).

It appears to have wiped my (normally very full) /etc/init.d directory.
This is a Bad Thing. It has also created more dangling symlinks than I can
shake a stik at.

Anyone have any suggestions or is it re-install? (recent installation - no
/etc backup yet).

Cheers,

yours etc.                                          [aibs.pem.cam.ac.uk]
                                                    01223 523183
David.                                                (direct line/v-mail)

                              davidh@arsenalfc.net