Re: samba 2.0 troubles

	Subject: samba 2.0 troubles
	Date: Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 05:27:12PM -0500

Quoting debian-user-request@lists.debian.org(debian-user-request@lists.debian.org):

#1 RTFM     samba-2.0.2/source/web/diagnose.c   !!!

Cay you ping the Linux box from Win95 using both the IP address and
the machine name?  If not check win95 hosts & lmhosts.  Check Linux
/etc/hosts.

> odin@bolverk:[~]$ smbclient -N -L localhost

I connect with
smbclient '\\win\WINC' -N

win is defined in W95 lmhosts, hosts and linux hosts as
192.168.1.2     win.home        win
192.168.1.1     mtntop.home     mtntop

> Why is my samba box not the master? (I've got my smb.conf attached later)
> btw, FRIGG isn't a printer, but I would like to have it serve a printer
> which explains the Comment field.

This is all explained in the docs!  To have your Linux box be the
master put this in [ global ]
   os level = 33

After reading the doc's let us know what you had to do to get it up,
OK.

HTH

--
The day-to-day travails of the IBM programmer are so amusing to most of
us who are fortunate enough never to have been one -- like watching