Re: fstab setup

First, make an empty directory somewhere for your new file system to
live on top of. If you use an existing directory, everything in that
directory will be invisible until you unmount (softwarewise) your new
drive.

Edit /etc/fstab, any editor. Make a line that looks just like the one
for your other drive. I.e.
/dev/hdb   /newdir   ext2   0 1
except to reflect the new drives specifics. /dev/sd[abc] work better
for scsi. Each time you reboot, the boot process will take of making
the new space visible by checking fstab for mounting instructions.

Now use the `mount` command to avoid having to reboot now.
`mount /newdir`

Wait, I forgot to ask if you had used fdisk to partition the new drive
and then mkfs to put an ext2 (I assume that is the one of many you
will use) on it, or did someone give you a drive already formatted for
linux?

Hope that helps.

Elaina