Re: rc.boot for regular users

Andreas Rapp:
> I would like to start fetchmail in daemon mode at boot time
> as a regular user, not as root

Try the `su' command with the -c switch.

> (I don't want fetchmail sending unresolved eMails to root, but to
> my account)

You can set fetchmail to send the e-mail to another user (using something
like "to jiri@baum.com.au"), but obviously that only works if you are
getting fetchmail to send all e-mail there, not if you are getting it to
guess the recipient.

> Can regular users also have boot scripts ?

No, but then again regular users can't boot the machine, either...

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently