Re: Debian and Redhat - are most linux users missing the point?

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, P Asokan wrote:

> It appears to me dselect is more a sysadmin's install tool. Even Yast looks
> a little easier. for my $0.02 i would strongly suggest ywo install programs
> a simpleone with less choices and another for the more adventurous.

It's an interesting thought. The installer gives you a bunch of
preselected options, and then you go into dselect. If the installer made
dselect *optional*  if the user selected a preselected list, this might
make the steep learning curve disappear while still offering lots of
flexibility for people like me who always select "Custom" on Windows
install programs.