Re: Last gasp at CD-RW

Can you please send me your log when you boot up. I want to know if the kernel identified your cd-rw.

Also look at your /proc/scsi. The file /proc/scsi/scsi should have something like this :
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: CD-Writer+ 8100  Rev: 1.0g
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

If you have it , it means that the kernel identified it right. If not, your kernel config is wrong. Also can yopu send me your kernel configuration file.

I will look at it.

Regards,
Vaidhy