debian and RH

A number of you have offhandedly remarked that you believe Debian to be
technically superior to the RH distribution.  I was wondering if anyone
would care to elaborate on that a bit for me.  Currently I am running
RH5.2, but I am thinking of switching over to Debian once the final
version of slink is available -- mainly because I like the idea behind
the Debian project and not because I am in any way dissatisfied with the
RH distribution, which seems quite good to me.  If anyone has any
objective thoughts on the relative technical merits of the two
distributions, I'd like to hear them.
Thanks,

Ben Cornett