Re: HELP. My chat script doesn't work.

Jens K. Olsen writes:
> Oh, I am sorry. I am not sending the string HOSTNAME. I edited the copies
> of my /var/log/ppp.log and /etc/chatscripts/provider. I substituted the
> actual phone number, host name, login, and password with PHONENUMBER,
> HOSTNAME, LOGIN, and PASSWORD. I don't want to put that information on
> the net.

While you certainly should not post your password and login, there is
really no point in concealing the rest of the information.

It looks as though Compuserv is not getting your HOSTNAME.  Try adding a \d
in front of it so that chat will pause before sending it.  You might also
try adding various permutations and combinations of line feeds and carriage
returns after the HOSTNAME.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)