tex package installation

Hi

I'm trying to install a new tex package (ppchtex).
After downloading the package from ftp.dante.de
I copied all files in /usr/local/lib/texfm.
To find the new packages / macros I did run the program
texhash. Unfortunately using \usepackage{package}
(m-pictex and m-ch-en) the files won't be found. So I had to
softlink the files to /usr/lib/texfm/tex/context .
Now latex finds the packages.

where is my mistake ??

BTW: As I' m not subscribed to the list, mailing to me would
be very nice.

Thanks in advance

Niki

P.S.
Does someone have experience with the ppchtex package.
Despite the fact that the files are found, latex complains about
some "Undefined control sequence":
) (/usr/lib/texmf/tex/context/ppchtex/ppchtex.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.80 \doifundefined
                   {gebruikextras}

The faq coming with the package said it works with latex by using:
\usepackage{m-pictex}
\usepackage{m-ch-de}

I did include these lines in the prambleof my latex file but ....
see above. :-<