Re: Using LILO to boot Win95 of /dev/hdb1?

> I've got two drives in a machine. One has Win95 on it, the other has WinNT
> and Linux. Using LILO, I can boot Linux and whichever Windows OS is on the
> first hard drive. I am unable, however, to boot the one on the second
> drive,
> hdb.
>
> My lilo.conf looks like:
[snip]
>   other=/dev/hdb1
>   label=95
>   loader=/boot/chain.b
>   table=/dev/hdb
>
> Using this config, I can boot Linux or NT, but not 95. If I try, I just get

I'm not certain about your machine, but on my Dell, with Win95 residing on
/dev/hda1, I just put

other=/dev/hda1
label=DOS

in my lilo.conf and let it handle booting up. In you case it would be
/dev/hdb1, of course. From what I understand after reading the manual
(/usr/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz), those two lines plus "table=/dev/hdb" should
be fine.

HTH,

Alan
surak@ims.edu