Re: /home/ftp directory question

I missed the first part of this thread, but was wondering... do you have
separate /home/ftp/bin and /home/ftp/lib/ and /home/ftp/etc directories?
You need those under /home/ftp/ because the ftpd automatically changes
the root directory to /home/ftp.  There should be a list somewhere in
the docs as to what files you need there.  Pay special attention to the
permissions on those directories and files.  Also, I've noticed that
updates to the wu-ftpd package occasionally re-copy the appropriate
programs and libraries, so that the correct versions are available for
anonymous ftp use under /home/ftp/.

hth,

Jesse

--