Re: Defining a new LaTeX-counter (off-topic)

Johann Spies <jhspies@futurenet.co.za> writes:

> I want to define a new counter in LaTeX and as I understand The LaTeX
> Companion page 446 it can be done with the command
>
> \newcounter{mynecounter}
>
> However the following file results in an error message when I run LaTeX:
>
> \documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \newcounter{bepaling}        {\arabic{bepaling}}

I guess you have to define the counter in the preamble (before
\begin{document}).

Please direct further questions on TeX to news:comp.*.tex

TIA,

Jens

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37