Re: IP Forwarding

	Subject: IP Forwarding
	Date: Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 05:07:34PM +0100

Quoting Ries van Twisk(rvt@dds.nl):

> Currently I'm working with my linux box
> learning about proxy's and firewalls.
>
> How do I tell if IP_Forwading is turned off?
> I do have a file called:
>   /proc/net/ip_forward
> wich is empty.
> (I do also have /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward)
> Wich is also empty
>
> Is it one of these files I have to look for? ANd wich is wich?

The IP forwarding info in ' man ipfwadm ' might answer most of your
questions.

In addition there is always the IP-Masquerade mini/Howto.

If you are using kernel-2.2.x then look at the IPCHAINS-HOWTO.

You will be able to understand the answers you get if you have at
least read through the above docs.