smb.conf and preexec

Hi.  I'm running samba 1.9.18p8 on a Debian
2.0, 2.0.34 system connected to a winnt4sp3
network.  Most everything works nicely, but
I can't get the cdrom's (2 scsi) on the Linux
box to automount with "preexec = ".  The fstab
is set as follows and as recommended in the smb.conf
file:

/dev/scd0 /cd0 iso9660 defaults,noauto,user,ro 0 0

The smb.conf entry is

[cd0]
    comment = Samba Server's cdrom 0
    writable = no
    locking = no
    path = /cd0
    public = yes
    preexec /bin/mount  /cd0
    postexec /bin/umount /cd0

  /cd0 has 0755 permissions and 'mount /cd0' works from
  from the terminal.  Everything appears to be working,
  except it seems the 'preexec' command doesn't get run.

I find no further information on this item in the docs.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
--

tony mollica