Re: where is telnetd?

When Eliezer Figueroa wrote, I replied:

at a command prompt, enter:

dpkg --help | less

to see the  dpkg options for handling packages.  One of those options
is:

  dpkg -S|--search <pattern> ...          find package(s) owning file(s)

if you enter:

# dpkg -S telnetd

you'll see:

telnetd: /usr/doc/telnetd/copyright
telnetd: /usr/doc/telnetd
telnetd: /usr/doc/telnetd/changelog.gz
telnetd: /usr/doc/telnetd/changelog.Debian.gz

which indicates that it's in the telnetd package.  Then try:

# dpkg --list telnetd
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version        Description
ii  telnetd         0.12-4         The telnet
server.-config/Half-installed

HTH