Re: tecra disk seems to work on my ThinkPad

Pollywog <pollywog@shadypond.com> writes:

> Can't I install PCMCIA support from the floppy disk set I downloaded?

As long as the modules in it were compiled with the Tecra kernel.  PCMCIA
modules have to match the kernel they're running with.  Some day maybe
they'll push PCMCIA into the main kernel - I think it's where it belongs
personally.

Anyways, as soon as I get a machine running gcc OK I compile my own kernel
so then I'm forced to recompile PCMCIA too, which is why I just use the
"pcmcia-source" package in the first place.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |