Re: IP-Chains help!?

*- On 23 Feb, Ian Keith Setford wrote about "IP-Chains help!?"

> Since I just picked up a new computer last week I no longer have to
> dual-boot.  I now have a need to share a 56k dial-up.  I'll admit that I
> haven't used/needed ip-masquerading since mid 1996 so I'm very rusty with
> ipfwadm.  Now, if I'm correct, we have ipchains instead of ipfwadm and
> such?  I am using 2.2.2.
>
> Could someone show me the commands to accomplish the following:
>
> 192.168.0.1	=	Debian box  (w/modem attached and connecting fine)
> 192.168.0.2	=	Windows box (have to have MS Office/Quake2)
>
> Would like for the .2 address to have transparent access to the net.  I
> have the Windows networking configured to use  192.168.0.1 as a gateway.
>
> These two computers are networked fine internally right now but with no
> outside access for the Windows machine (i.e. ftp, telnet, Exceed, all
> working.)
>
> I'd appreciate any help.  Also, I was wondering if anyone has a more
> in-depth place to get info about ipchains (other than the man page.)

Install the ipmasq package.  It's default config should work out of the
box for this setup.  It also is self aware of which kernel and will
call ipchains or ipfwadm as needed.  Dont forget to build a kernel with
CONFIG_FIREWALL, CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL, CONFIG_IP_FORWARD, and
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE

--
Brian
							   - unknown